Friday 9 January 2009

See Ya! Hurrah! I've Got Judy's Friend Liz. Welcome My Dear!

I swung into the pub again tonight! I feel so weak and upset. I now vow only to call in on a Friday. Not every Friday but if I fancy a swift half (of a bottle of wine) It can only be on a Friday……….I promise to be honest. I am now signing off until Monday morning when I shall plug in my weight. I know I won’t have lost anything but if my weight is the same I’ll be chuffed. I’m not going off the rails. I’ll be careful. Thank you Judy, Liz and best of all Clare….brilliant advice! xxx.

3 comments:

Liz Valette said...

I found the Slimming World plan easier to follow.

Rice is filling and something I keep in my fridge.

For electric stoves only.

Put 1 measure Risotto rice and 3 measures of water in very big pan, leave on high heat until boiling.

Turn off and keep watch until danger of over boiling has passed.
Then forget it.

Later on you will find it has cooked to right consistency.

You can use it as a basis for Risotto by stirring in lots of cooked veggies and seasoning.

Maybe you'd prefer it as Rice Pudding. Stir in sweetener, a touch of nutmeg and skimmed milk powder.

I hope this helps.

Liz

Liz Valette said...

I forgot to say that the pan must have a lid. Rice water over boiling is very messy to clear up.

Penelope said...

I'll do it now. My trouble is that I don't eat enough ay work and so come home starving and hunting for a quick fix. I shall do the rice and veggies and take it to work for lunch. After all cup-a-soup is only chemicals and water with the odd strange bit floating! Thanks Liz. xxx.